The House With A Clock In Its Walls
Saturday 26th October at 3.30pm
£20 per car
(admission covers 1 car and its occupants)
This is a fundraising event for the Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust.
The magical adventure tells the spine-tingling tale of 10-year-old Lewis (Owen Vaccaro) who goes to live with his uncle in a creaky old house with a mysterious tick-tocking heart
Lewis Barnavelt, after losing his parents, is sent to Michigan to live with his uncle Jonathan. He discovers his uncle is a warlock, and enters a world of magic and sorcery. But this power is not limited to good people: Lewis learns of Isaac Izard, an evil wizard who constructed a magical clock with black magic, as long as it exists it will keep ticking, counting down to doomsday. He died before he could finish the clock, but he hid the clock in his house, where Uncle Jonathan now lives. Now Lewis and Jonathan must find the clock before it finishes its countdown and ends the world.
Director(s): Eli Roth
Cast: Jack Black, Cate Blanchett
- Car park open: 3pm
- Spaces allocated on arrival
- Length of film: 105 minutes
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes, but not more than 30 minutes before the advertised start of the film. You will need to leave the car park within 10 minutes of the end of the film.
- All passengers must be eligible for the appropriate British Board of Film Classification age rating and must provide valid ID if requested. Acceptable ID: A photocopy of a birth certificate (together with a form of photographic identification connecting the name on the birth certificate to the guest), passport or driving licence.
- Each ticket covers parking and admission for the occupants of one car which must comply with the Road Traffic Act 1988 and must not exceed its maximum passenger capacity.
- Sound will be available through your radio. Details of the frequency will be provided on arrival.
- If the driver or a passenger holds a blue badge, please notify us of any specific requirements at least 48 hours in advance of the event by emailing email@example.com.
- Please ensure that you dress warmly and wear outdoor shoes. You may want to bring blankets to keep you and your family warm and cosy during the film.
- Terms and Conditions for Halloween Drive In