Irishman’s Tower Terms and Conditions
Thank you for choosing to book the Irishman’s Tower. We look forward to welcoming you.
By making this booking you are entering into a contract with us. The contract is between you, the ‘client’ and us, ‘Hoghton Tower Limited’, the trading company of the Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust. Please read our terms and conditions carefully and keep them safely for future reference.
- Our prices stay the same irrespective of the season. We will inform you at the time of booking should we have any special offers.
- We reserve the right to correct any error in advertised and/ or confirmed price
- The prices stated in any of our literature are in pounds sterling. We require all payments to be made in pounds sterling
- Our prices include VAT, bedlinen, towels, electricity, hot water, WiFi and welcome gift pack including initial supply of firewood
- As standard practice, upon arrival, a credit card imprint will be taken.
Confirmation and Payment of booking
- Bookings for the Irishman’s Tower can be made as far in advance of your stay as you wish
- Booking more than 10 weeks in advance: we ask for a payment of 50% of the cost of your stay as a non-refundable deposit, the remainder is due 10 weeks prior to the first day of your stay which is also then non-refundable. We will send you a reminder of the need for this second payment, but please be aware that if we do not receive the balance within 5 days of the reminder, we will assume that you no longer wish to stay with us and we will cancel your reservation
- Booking less than 10 weeks in advance: we ask for 100% of the cost of your stay as a non-refundable payment
- You can pay by bank transfer, cheque, debit or credit card
- Once we have received your cleared funds, we will send you the details of your confirmed reservation. Please check this through carefully and let us know of anything than needs correcting (within 5 days)
- Cancellation of booking
- By making your booking, our agreement is a legal contract and your payment is non-refundable
- If you do need to cancel your booking, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make every effort to contact others who might wish to stay at the Irishman’s Tower at that time
- You can let us know that you need to cancel either by phone, email or post. If you use email or the post, please contact us again if you have not heard back from us within 5 working days in case of any technical and/ or delivery difficulties
- If we are able to rebook the Tower for the full term of stay you had booked, we will refund the payment you made in full.
- If we are able to rebook the Tower for part of the stay you had booked, we will refund you that amount
- If we are unable to rebook the Tower, we will not be able to refund any part of the payment you have made
- It is strongly recommended to you take out holiday insurance, personal liability, personal accident and medical expense insurance to cover any eventualities.
- In extreme circumstances outside our control (known as Force Majeure and which includes type of events such as adverse local weather conditions, natural disasters, civil strikes or unrest) we may be forced to offer you alternative accommodation with other local providers or even cancel completely. If a reservation needs to be cancelled for these reasons, then we will give you a full refund. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
- We have designed the Irishman’s Tower so that whatever the weather, you should have an enjoyable time. Please note, however, that if you are inconvenienced due to adverse weather conditions during your stay, it is with regret that we cannot accept any responsibility.
- The Irishman’s Tower is arranged for a maximum of 2 (two) people. Please do not ask us to exceed this number as this is not permissible
- For operational reasons, the Irishman’s Tower is not available to wedding couples, to any member of the extended wedding party or any of the guests in the days leading up to and the days immediately after weddings held at Hoghton Tower
- If you do wish for additional people to join you during the day (9 am until 10 pm) then please let us know. This is for security and safety reasons. You will be held entirely responsible for all acts, omissions and damages caused by any of your guests. No other persons are allowed in the Irishman’s Tower outside these times and we reserve the right to enforce this rule by taking any such actions as may be required, including, without limitation, bringing your stay to an end without any refund.
- Sorry, due to the size and physical layout of the Irishman’s Tower, we do not allow children.
- Sorry, we do not allow pets at this property.
- The Irishman’s Tower is strictly non-smoking.
Delimitation of area available to guests during stay
- By entering this contract, you are gaining exclusive use of the Irishman’s Tower and the parking area provided for it. You are welcome to walk along the drive and the inner and outer courtyards. Access to all other areas (closed with a locked gate) is prohibited unless permission has been expressly granted to you by a member of staff of Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust. This includes the historic gardens.
- If you wish to visit the historic wing of Hoghton Tower and the historic gardens, please speak to a member of staff who will arrange this for you. Please note that a separate entry ticket is payable to gain such entry. Outside the main opening season, a special private tour will need to be organised so please let us know ahead of time so that this can be organised.
- If you wish to visit the gift shop, please speak to a member of staff.
- Please note, some private wings of the Hoghton Tower will never be available for viewing.
- The Irishman’s Tower will be available from 4 pm on the day of your arrival, unless otherwise arranged. We may not be able to accommodate your entry into the Tower if you arrive earlier than the agreed time but will try to accommodate the storage of your luggage when possible
- Please ensure that you contact us on your day of arrival to let us know that you will be arriving late. This is to ensure that someone will be able to let you in when you arrive. We regret that we will not be able to let you into the Tower later than 10 pm on the day of your arrival and you will not be refunded for this day. In this instance, you will be able to enter the Irishman’s Tower the next morning from 9 am onwards.
- Please be ready to vacate the Irishman’s Tower no later than 11 am on the day of your departure unless otherwise arranged. We will provide you with an invoice, payable on departure by cash, cheque, debit or credit card, of any additional services we have provided you during your stay
- We expect the Tower to be left as you have found it – clean and tidy. Please return all instruction manuals. We expect all keys and security devices to be returned to us before you leave the property.
Damages and Breakages
- Please take care when staying at the Irishman’s Tower. If you do break or damage anything, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can try to remedy it during your stay or at least for the next guest
- You are responsible and liable for any breakages and damages which you cause to the accommodation and its contents. We reserve the right to charge you for additional costs incurred due to repair, replacement or loss as a result of damage caused during your stay. These charges can include but are not limited to: costs of any additional cleaning if the property is not left in substantially the same state as you found it, costs of repair and replacement due to damage caused, costs of what is considered as unreasonable use of utilities such as electricity, WiFi.
- Fair usage restrictions apply to the WiFi provided at the property. Movies can not be downloaded due to bandwidth restrictions. You will be supplied with the necessary access code only once you have signed the WiFi terms and conditions of use upon arrival
- By making your full payment you are accepting these terms and conditions and agreeing to pay for such repair, replacement or loss as a result of damage caused by you or a member of your party, that will be billed to you after your stay and which will need to be paid within seven (7) days of receipt
- Please be aware that we retain our rights of access to the Irishman’s Tower during the period of your stay should it be necessary to do so, under any circumstances
- If the worse happens and we have to ask you to leave because of your behaviour, or you decide to that you do not want to stay for the length of your reservation, this will be treated as you cancelling your reservation and therefore, we will not be able to refund or compensate you in any way
Please take care of your own property items during your stay. Your personal belongings, your vehicle and its contents are left at the property entirely at your own risk. We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment
Our responsibility towards you
- Our focus is to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, however should you have a complaint, we will try to deal with the issue as promptly as possible
- If you are unhappy with any aspect of your stay with us, you should contact us as soon as possible (and within 28 days of the end of your stay) with details of your problem. Please bear in mind, before making your complaint, that we are not responsible for any aspect of your holiday other than the accommodation
- The Irishman’s Tower is a small, 2 floor historic building (grade 1 listed) with a full set of narrow stairs. Please inform us, prior to booking, if you or anybody in your party has a disability that may in any way mean that features like stairs, narrow doorways might cause access or mobility problems. We can then advise you on the suitability of the Tower for your party. For more information on the layout of the accommodation, please see our full access statement.
- Hoghton Tower Limited and Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust are committed to protecting your privacy and will only retain the information which you provide in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
- All personal and other information/ details collected during the course of our business and supplied by you, belongs to us and will not be disclosed to any third party individual or organisation. At no time will we sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties or distribute their information to you
- With your permission, we may from time to time contact you about promotions and offers which we think will be of interest to you
- In line with the Data Protection Act 1998, all data will be held securely and confidentially by Hoghton Tower Limited
- You may unsubscribe at any time. If you wish to be removed from our marketing lists, please contact us by email or by post.
This contract will be governed by English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts
Hoghton Tower Limited address for all communication: Hoghton Tower, Hoghon, Nr Preston, Lancashire, PR5 0SH. Registered Charity Number: 508357