Farmers’ Market at Hoghton Tower
Sunday 16th May
Site Admission: £2 per car (pedestrians £2 per bubble)
The Farmers’ Market is back! This is an opportunity to shop for both essential and non-essential products, however, we encourage you to shop alone where possible and to come, shop and leave as briskly as possible.
Think of it as your local, open air food shop but in an incredible location!
The house, gardens and tearoom will remain closed.
We continue to work hard to plan it with everyone’s safety in mind. We will need your help to make sure it continues to work throughout these very challenging times. We ask that you adhere to these simple guidelines, designed to ensure that this remains a safe place to shop and work. We are all in this together, and we each have a vital role to play.
Here’s a quick guide with the key points to be aware of when you come to the market
- Please do not visit the market if you or anyone in your household / support bubble has any symptoms of Covid-19 or if you have been asked to self isolate by NHS Test & Trace (or for children, if their class / bubble has been closed). Be prepared to help us with tracking and tracing if we are required to do so.
- Please only attend with members of your own household / legally permitted support bubble. To aid social distancing, please consider shopping alone if possible. Please do not socialise or gather with others anywhere on site.
- You may be asked to queue to enter the car park, market or at each stall so please be patient and keep your distance from each other. If a stall gets too busy, you may be asked to come back when it’s less crowded.
- You will be actively asked to stand two metres apart from each other. Signage is in place throughout the market and we are keeping the one-way system with one entrance and a separate exit to help a flow moving around the market more quickly and easily. Within the market you will be able to move more freely but please keep your distance.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided on entering the market. The market is in the open air but we encourage customers to wear face coverings.
- Be prepared to come, shop and leave as quickly as possible. Service will be friendly but fast. Our traders usually love a chat, and they will again in the future, but for now speed and safety are of the essence.
- Please bring plenty of change or pay by contactless card if traders have the facility.
- You are responsible for any children or dogs (which must be on leads)in your group. Please consider whether it is safe to bring them and whether you can maintain the necessary social distancing requirements if you do.
- Please be aware that there will be no waste disposal on site. Please take all your rubbish away with you and do not litter.
- The toilets will be closed.
- Please try not to pick up and put down items of produce while you are shopping.
- Keep your distance, but be kind and don’t be afraid to share a nod and a smile. We reserve the right to politely ask you to leave the market if you do not follow the rules. This is for everyone’s safety. It is a new experience for all of us so let’s work together to make it work.