Hoghton Tower Tea Room
Our spacious and homely tea room will reopen on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays on a pre-booked basis only, from 12 midday to 4 pm (last admission 3.30pm). From November 2020, the tea room opening times change to 11am to 3pm (last admission 2:30pm).
You will be able to enjoy a relaxing hot drink, homemade scones with jam and cream, cakes and tray bakes. If you’re looking for something special then why not treat yourself to one of our famous Hoghton Tower Afternoon Teas. Overtime, our menu will increase as we slowly get back to more normal operation so please bear with us.
Visit us over this half term for a selection of light meals perfect for the Autumn!
Take away is also in operation if you just want a snack to enjoy in the gardens.
Important practical information in view of the Covid 19 pandemic
- The use of face covering will be obligatory in the tea room until you are seated and then again on leaving your table. Service will be at your table
- Your details will be taken for track and trace purposes before you enter the tea room.
- You will be able to order your food when you book your tickets and then show your selection to the tea room staff who will prepare it for you and bring it to your table. If it is a little busy when you arrive, you might be asked to wait by our staff. The tables have been spaced out to allow safe distancing between then.
- Alternatively, for afternoon teas please book here for a specific time slot. Please do not book for groups larger than 6 and the booking has to be for people living in the same household or belonging to the same bubble.
- If you have booked onto any of our tours please make sure that you visit the tea room before it closes.
Afternoon Teas at Hoghton Tower
Enjoy a traditional afternoon tea at Hoghton Tower
Our friendly team will serve a delicious selection of sweet and savoury delights including savouries and sandwiches, a homemade scone served with clotted cream and jam and other sweet treats. All this paired with freshly brewed tea or coffee. We also serve a Children’s afternoon tea too which is smaller in size and includes a fruit juice.
Afternoon teas are available for booking on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays with booking slots at 12 midday, 1pm, 2pm and 3pm. The timetable changes from November 2020.
Book your afternoon tea slots here.
- £19 for an Afternoon Tea (price per person)
- £10 for a Children’s Afternoon Tea (price per person and suitable for children between the ages of 4- 10)