We are now in our Winter Season and only open on selected days. Thank you to everyone who has supported the Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust during our busy open season in 2021. Our new house open season will begin in Spring 2022, in the meantime, keep an eye on our special events to see what is happening at Hoghton Tower over the winter months.
Check out our special events, opening times, admission prices and how to pre-book tickets for visiting Hoghton Tower, and experience a journey of 1000 years in this historic house.
OPENING TIMES (OCTOBER – APRIL) – Open on selected days only
Limited Availability for Afternoon Tea available on selected dates only -pre booking essential
Looking for a special Christmas gift?
Why not purchase a gift voucher to treat someone to a delicious afternoon tea when our house open season begins once again in the Spring? You can make it extra special by adding prosecco or a guided tour of this beautiful Tudor Elizabethan manor house
Do you have a voucher that you would like to redeem?
If you have a voucher that you would like to redeem, please contact us in early Spring when we will be able to book you in.
We continue to put in place specific measures in view of the Covid-19 pandemic to keep our staff, volunteers and visitors safe. We appreciate your support in helping us to do so by respecting these measures.
Please do not visit us if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms of Covid-19 or if you have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test & Trace.
If you are unable to attend your booked activity due to Covid-19, please contact us by email on email@example.com.
We encourage you to check in at the venue to support NHS Test and Trace. The easiest way to do this is by using the NHS app to scan the QR Code on entry. If you do not have access to the app, we are happy to take you details manually. We will keep your personal data for 21 days for public health monitoring purposes only. This data will not be used for any other purpose.
Whilst on site:
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided on entry and regularly throughout your visit.
- Follow the instructions from your tour guide and other staff on site.
- Respect that some people may wish to continue to remain socially distant from others. Thank you for maintaining social distance from our staff and volunteers at all times.
- House tour capacity remains restricted.
- Face coverings are a condition of entry on a guided house tour unless you are exempt. These should cover your nose and mouth. If you are visiting our Tea Room, we encourage you to wear your face covering until you are seated and again on leaving your table. We also encourage you to wear a face covering when visiting the toilet facilities.
- Our Tea Room continues to operate with a reduced capacity, tables are spaced out to allow for social distancing. On arrival, please find a table before ordering and paying at the counter. Please be aware that others may wish to maintain social distance whilst queuing.
- Afternoon Teas must be pre-booked.
Other useful information
- There are no toilets along any of the tour routes.
- All tours involve using stairs some of which do not have handrails.
- Only assistance dogs permitted beyond the main gatehouse, this includes the Courtyards and Gardens as well as the House and Tea Room.
- If you have booked a tour and wish to visit the Tea Room, please be aware that last entry is 30 minutes before the Tea Room closing time on that day.
COVID-19 SECURE STATEMENT
The Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust is fully committed to safeguarding the health, safety and security of our staff, volunteers, visitors, partners, tenants and residents.
We are aware of and will comply with Public Health England (PHE), the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) Guidance.
As part of this:
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and have shared the results with our workforce. For each event we run, we will carry out specific Covid 19 risk assessments.
- We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
- We continue to encourage working from home as much as possible
- We take all possible steps to maintain the two metre social distance in our office and across all our activities as required
- Where people cannot be two metres apart for essential operational reasons, we will do everything possible to manage the transmission risk