Welcome to Hoghton Tower
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – 10th August 2020
2020 Season Re-opening
We are now open. You will be able to access both the house, courtyards, gardens and tilting greens once again with a range of options available to you. The open days are Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays unless otherwise stated. Please see more information about how to book for this and other events below.
PLEASE NOTE IN LIGHT OF THE BLACKBURN, EAST LANCASHIRE AND (AS OF MIDNIGHT 7/8/2020) PRESTON, HOGHTON TOWER REMAINS OPEN FOR TOURS. PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF OUR SAFETY MEASURES AND DO NOT VISIT IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR BUBBLE HAS ANY SYMPTOMS OF COVID 19.
The house is accessible via pre-booked, guided tours only. The tours are for a maximum of 6 people only, with social distancing in place.
For the gardens you can choose to book a 2 hour slot to enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the gardens at your leisure whilst maintaining appropriate self-distancing measures. Alternatively, you can choose to book onto one of our new, outdoor history guided tours. During this tour you will learn about the history of the wider site, architectural and archaeological points of interest and the gardens.
All tickets are available on our website and we ask that you book these well in advance of your visit. Tickets will be checked on arrival.
Alongside the tours and the gardens, the tea room is also available with pre-booking and a takeaway snack bar is also be in operation. Last admission to the tea room is 3pm (15:00 hours)
For the time being our gift shop remains closed.
Please rest assured that we are taking every precaution to ensure both the safety of you and of our staff. Please see our Covid-19 secure statement below. To keep you feeling safe, we are:
- Providing you with a warm welcome, from a distance!
- Installing signage around to assist movement and remind visitors of safety matters
- Patrolling our site to monitor safe visitor activity
- Deep cleaning each open area and enhancing our cleaning regime across the site
- Placing reminders about social distancing around the site
- Providing non-touch hand sanitizer stations around the site
- Providing our staff members with the appropriate PPE
- Installing screens where necessary
- Enabling pre-booking of all tours and slots
- Enabling contactless/card payments only
In return, we need your support as follows:
- Please stick to the 2-metre social distancing guidance throughout your visit and follow all the notices on site
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds after using the facilities
- Make use of the hand sanitizer stations across the site
- Make use of your face covering whilst on a house tour- this is obligatory
- Please be kind to our staff members and volunteers
This is a new experience for us all. We will do our upmost to ensure you have the most enjoyable visit with us whilst maintaining everyone’s safety. We will be constantly reviewing arrangements and will be updating the information on our website accordingly.
Tickets for our house and outdoor history tours are on sale here.
Tickets for garden admission only are on sale here.
Afternoon Tea bookings can be made here.
Tickets are now on sale on our events page for:
- Outdoor theatre: The Wind and the Willows: 14th August 2020
- Opera on the Lawn: The Last Night at the Proms: 29th August 2020
- Copse and Robbers: A fun, outdoor detective game for all the family: 13th September 2020
We are able to respond to enquiries by email on email@example.com but our response times may still be slower than normal.
Staff and visitor safety is our main priority so please follow the safety measures that we have put in place.
Please follow social distancing guidelines and maintain a minimum distance of 2 metres from staff and other visitors and make sure to follow NHS guidance.
COVID-19 Secure Statement
The Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust is fully committed to safeguarding the health, safety and security of our staff, volunteers, visitors, partners, tenants and residents.
We are aware of and will comply with Public Health England (PHE), the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) Guidance.
We are preparing for opening and as part of this:
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and have shared the results with our workforce. For each event we run, we will carry out specific Covid 19 risk assessments.
- We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
- We continue to encourage working from home as much as possible
- We take all possible steps to maintain the two metre social distance in our office and across all our activities as required
- Where people cannot be two metres apart for essential operational reasons, we will do everything possible to manage the transmission risk
Please note that the Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust is one of many unfunded heritage organisations. We operate entirely without local authority or Arts Council funding and as such we rely on the ongoing support of our visitors and donors. Please consider making a donation to us via this link to enable us to continue our work to preserve this beautiful part of Lancashire’s heritage.
By attending our events you are supporting Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust in preserving the House for the future.
Please see our Events page for details of our events
Stay Connected with Hoghton Tower