PLEASE NOTE THE HOUSE IS NOW CLOSED FOR GENERAL ADMISSION – We will be open again in April on selected days.
We are open on selected event days and for Private Tours
Our next event is our February Farmers’ Market and Our Ghost Tours!
Walled gardens and imposing state rooms provide an impressive backdrop for weddings and celebrations, a weekend stay, family days out, corporate away days and cultural and educational experiences.
‘’What do I know of Hoghton Tower?… a house, centuries old, on high ground a mile or so removed from the road.’’
George Silverman’s Explanation by Charles Dickens
From the past to the present, the house has many tales to tell, from the visit of King James I in 1617 to a troupe of Shakespearian actors arriving by bicycle to entertain the crowds. Isn’t it time you paid us a visit?
Opening hours: For our latest opening times see our Take a Tour page.
* Please note that the below online booking is for standard house tours. On special event days our opening times may be different and there may be additional charges for some aspects of the event, entry or car parking. For more details, please check our Events page.
New for July 2015 we re offering a 15% off the full price guided tours when booked online using the buttons below!
* TICKETS CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED ONLINE UP TO 12 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED TOUR TIME. IF YOU WISH TO VISIT ON THE DAY PLEASE PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS AT THE TICKET HUT AT HOGHTON TOWER
Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust is a registered charity and relies on the generosity of the general public and visitors to keep Hoghton Tower open for everyone. Whether it be supporting our fundraising events, or taking a guided tour or making a donation, all the money received goes to preserving the house for future generations. Thank you for your support.
Donate to our roof restoration project:
You can also help support us while you shop online! Just use the Hoghton Tower Search engine and any purchase you make from selected retailers will raise money for Hoghton Tower, without costing you a penny! For more information, click here
You can support us in other ways too, like volunteering. Volunteering can be enjoyable and rewarding, especially when it involves the stunning backdrop of a 16th Century Historic House.Our volunteers are an essential part of everything we do, acting as ambassadors for one of the most atmospheric homes in England and playing a vital role in raising the funds which maintain and preserve the Tower for future generations. Interested? Please get in touch!
After several and its fantastic prizes, our winners have been chosen today! First prize of exclusive hire of Hoghton Tower is ticket number – 00165 Second prize of a two night stay in our luxury self-catering accommodation is ticket number – 00608 Third prize of afternoon tea and a private tour for 6 people is ticket number – 01463 We are in the process of contacting all the lucky winners! Congratulations. Thank you…
Up and down the country, beekeepers are reporting a difficult season. Whilst some isolated beekeepers are reporting some honey harvest, the quantities are significantly lower than last year and in some cases quantities are so low there are worries that hives won’t survive the winter. The bees at Hoghton Tower have not produced a harvest this year. A combination of wet and windy weather at key times of the nectar…
Upcoming EventsView All Events
- Family Tours! at 12:00PM, Monday 15 February 2016 Child £8, Adult £10
- Family Tours! at 12:00PM, Wednesday 17 February 2016 £10 per Adult, £8 per Child
- A Ghostly Evening at Hoghton Tower at 19:15PM, Friday 19 February 2016 £28.95 plus booking fee
- February Merchant of Hoghton Farmers’ Market at 10:00AM, Sunday 21 February 2016 £1 car parking. Pedestrians 50p. Separate charges for house tours.