High on a hill in the heart of Lancashire, Hoghton Tower offers an enchanting and unique destination for every occasion.
Walled gardens and imposing state rooms provide an impressive backdrop for weddings and celebrations, a weekend stay, family days out, corporate away days and cultural and educational experiences.
‘’What do I know of Hoghton Tower?… a house, centuries old, on high ground a mile or so removed from the road.’’
George Silverman’s Explanation by Charles Dickens
From the past to the present, the house has many tales to tell, from the visit of King James I in 1617 to a troupe of Shakespearian actors arriving by bicycle to entertain the crowds. Isn’t it time you paid us a visit?
Opening hours: For our latest opening times see our Take a Tour page.
* Please note that the below online booking is for standard house tours. On special event days our opening times may be different and there may be additional charges for some aspects of the event, entry or car parking. For more details, please check our Events page.
As a special offer, you can now get 15% off the full price guided tours when booked online using the buttons below!
* TICKETS CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED ONLINE UP TO 12 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED TOUR TIME. IF YOU WISH TO VISIT ON THE DAY PLEASE PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS AT THE TICKET HUT AT HOGHTON TOWER
Hoghton Tower needs your Help!
We are currently looking for new volunteers to help with all aspects of our work.
We are currently recruiting Retail Volunteers:
Interested in helping out in our gift shop, meet new people, get involved with product selection, stock management or simply chat to customers about our range of unique gifts, if you can spare sometime to help we are interested in hearing from you!
Our volunteers are an essential part of everything we do, acting as ambassadors for one of the most atmospheric homes in England and playing a vital role in raising the funds which maintain and preserve the Tower for future generations. Volunteering can be enjoyable and rewarding, especially when it involves the stunning backdrop of a 16th Century Historic House.
Interested? Please get in touch! firstname.lastname@example.org
Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust is a registered charity and relies on the generosity of the general public and visitors to keep Hoghton Tower open for everyone. Whether it be supporting our fundraising events, or taking a guided tour or making a donation, all the money received goes to preserving the house for future generations. Thank you for your support.
We thought that seen as Summer has seemingly abandoned us, you might be interested in hearing our plans for Christmas 2016! Early I know, but bookings will start soon and you wouldn’t want to miss what we have going on! As is tradition, we will be running 4 Twilight Tours in December. These tours will be around the ground floor of the house, you will hear from various members of…
Funded through the Heritage Lottery fund as part of our LEAP project, Hoghton Tower is delighted to announce that a range of specially designed teaching resources have now gone live for download on our website, FOR FREE! Developed by a local primary school teacher and with teacher needs in mind, Hoghton Tower now offers a set of free primary teaching resources to assist with primary history and local history teaching in…
Upcoming EventsView All Events
- Tudor Takeover at 10:00AM, Sunday 02 October 2016 Site access charge - all activities included £10 adults, £8 concession, Under 5's free
- October Merchant of Hoghton Farmer’s market at 10:00AM, Sunday 16 October 2016 £1 per car to the market. Pedestrians 50p
- Crafty Vintage 2016 at 10:00AM, Saturday 22 October 2016 £2 per person under 16s free. House tours separate fees apply
- Crafty Vintage 2016 at 10:00AM, Sunday 23 October 2016 £2 per person. Under 16s Free