High on a hill in the heart of Lancashire, Hoghton Tower offers an enchanting and unique destination for every occasion.
Walled gardens and imposing state rooms provide an impressive backdrop for weddings and celebrations, a weekend stay, family days out, corporate away days and cultural and educational experiences.
‘’What do I know of Hoghton Tower?… a house, centuries old, on high ground a mile or so removed from the road.’’
George Silverman’s Explanation by Charles Dickens
From the past to the present, the house has many tales to tell, from the visit of King James I in 1617 to a troupe of Shakespearian actors arriving by bicycle to entertain the crowds. Isn’t it time you paid us a visit?
Opening hours: For our latest opening times see our Take a Tour page.
* Please note that the below online booking is for standard house tours. On special event days our opening times may be different and there may be additional charges for some aspects of the event, entry or car parking. For more details, please check our Events page.
As a special offer, you can now get 15% off the full price guided tours when booked online using the buttons below!
* TICKETS CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED ONLINE UP TO 12 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED TOUR TIME. IF YOU WISH TO VISIT ON THE DAY PLEASE PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS AT THE TICKET HUT AT HOGHTON TOWER
Hoghton Tower needs your Help!
We are currently looking for new volunteers to help with all aspects of our work.
Our volunteers are an essential part of everything we do, acting as ambassadors for one of the most atmospheric homes in England and playing a vital role in raising the funds which maintain and preserve the Tower for future generations. Volunteering can be enjoyable and rewarding, especially when it involves the stunning backdrop of a 16th Century Historic House.
We are currently recruiting:
Family Friendly Tour Guides
Interested? Please get in touch! firstname.lastname@example.org
Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust is a registered charity and relies on the generosity of the general public and visitors to keep Hoghton Tower open for everyone. Whether it be supporting our fundraising events, or taking a guided tour or making a donation, all the money received goes to preserving the house for future generations. Thank you for your support.
Back in 2015 you may remember we were asking for your help to establish a wildflower meadow on the drive at Hoghton Tower. Unfortunately we didn’t manage to raise the money required for this, but as our local bee population was crashing, we decided it was too important a project to dismiss, so we enlisted the help of Lancashire Wildlife Trust and went ahead. Despite the very wet ground conditions, this…
We have some wonderful news to share; we are delighted to announce that we have relaunched our tea room here at Hoghton Tower! We are now offering what we consider to be a quintessentially English experience. After careful planning and consultation with our valued patrons, we have created a menu which epitomises the spirit of the classic English tea room, using both local and seasonal products in all of our…
Upcoming EventsView All Events
- Hoghton Tower Garden Tours at 13:00PM, Thursday 28 July 2016 Admission £5, under 5s FREE
- Theatre on the Lawn – The Taming of the Shrew at 18:00PM, Wednesday 03 August 2016 Adults: £15 Children and concessions:£12, Family Ticket (2 adults & 2 Children) £50
- Theatre on the Lawn – Romeo & Juliet at 18:00PM, Thursday 04 August 2016 Adults: £15 Children and concessions:£12, Family Ticket (2 adults & 2 Children) £50
- Theatre on the Lawn – Wuthering Heights at 18:00PM, Sunday 07 August 2016 Adult £14, Child, £10, Family Ticket £42