High on a hill in the heart of Lancashire, Hoghton Tower offers an enchanting and unique destination for every occasion.
Walled gardens and imposing state rooms provide an impressive backdrop for weddings and celebrations, a weekend stay, family days out, corporate away days and cultural and educational experiences.
‘’What do I know of Hoghton Tower?… a house, centuries old, on high ground a mile or so removed from the road.’’
George Silverman’s Explanation by Charles Dickens
From the past to the present, the house has many tales to tell, from the visit of King James I in 1617 to a troupe of Shakespearian actors arriving by bicycle to entertain the crowds. Isn’t it time you paid us a visit?
Opening hours: For our latest opening times see our Take a Tour page.
* Please note that the below online booking is for standard house tours. On special event days our opening times may be different and there may be additional charges for some aspects of the event, entry or car parking. For more details, please check our Events page.
As a special offer, you can now get 15% off the full price guided tours when booked online using the buttons below!
* TICKETS CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED ONLINE UP TO 12 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED TOUR TIME. IF YOU WISH TO VISIT ON THE DAY PLEASE PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS AT THE TICKET HUT AT HOGHTON TOWER
Hoghton Tower needs your Help!
We are currently looking for new volunteers to help with all aspects of our work.
We are currently recruiting Retail Volunteers:
Interested in helping out in our gift shop, meet new people, get involved with product selection, stock management or simply chat to customers about our range of unique gifts, if you can spare sometime to help we are interested in hearing from you!
Our volunteers are an essential part of everything we do, acting as ambassadors for one of the most atmospheric homes in England and playing a vital role in raising the funds which maintain and preserve the Tower for future generations. Volunteering can be enjoyable and rewarding, especially when it involves the stunning backdrop of a 16th Century Historic House.
Interested? Please get in touch! email@example.com
Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust is a registered charity and relies on the generosity of the general public and visitors to keep Hoghton Tower open for everyone. Whether it be supporting our fundraising events, or taking a guided tour or making a donation, all the money received goes to preserving the house for future generations. Thank you for your support.
2017 Anniversary Event dates announced The King Returns to Hoghton Tower on the 8th and 9th July 2017 2017 is the 400th Anniversary of the visit of King James 1st England to Hoghton Tower and in July this will be celebrated by a weekend of reenactments, celebrations, music and more! The event will be the culmination of a series of events to bring history to life and increase education and…
Gift Shop Sale The Hoghton Tower Gift Shop Sale is now on with many products with over 50% off. We like to keep our product range fresh so this is your opportunity to pick up some great bargains from the 2016 lines. Discounted ranges include homewares, art work, garden accessories and selected children’s products. The shop will be open on 19th February from 10am – 2pm. www.hoghtontower.co.uk/shop See you there.
Upcoming EventsView All Events
- Opera Dinner at Hoghton Tower at 19:00PM, Saturday 04 March 2017 £50.00 per person (plus booking fees)
- Farmers Market at 10:00AM, Sunday 19 March 2017 £1 per car, 50p for pedestrians
- Hoghton Tower Wedding Open Evening at 18:00PM, Sunday 19 March 2017 FREE
- Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea at Hoghton Tower at 14:00PM, Saturday 25 March 2017 £30 per person (excluding alcoholic drinks)