We are now open for the season!
Please note that we are closed due to a private event on the 12th May
Our next Event is the Hoghton Tower Motorcycle Sprint – 8th May!
Sunday’s & Bank Holidays 10-5
Monday to Thursday 11-5
Walled gardens and imposing state rooms provide an impressive backdrop for weddings and celebrations, a weekend stay, family days out, corporate away days and cultural and educational experiences.
‘’What do I know of Hoghton Tower?… a house, centuries old, on high ground a mile or so removed from the road.’’
George Silverman’s Explanation by Charles Dickens
From the past to the present, the house has many tales to tell, from the visit of King James I in 1617 to a troupe of Shakespearian actors arriving by bicycle to entertain the crowds. Isn’t it time you paid us a visit?
Opening hours: For our latest opening times see our Take a Tour page.
* Please note that the below online booking is for standard house tours. On special event days our opening times may be different and there may be additional charges for some aspects of the event, entry or car parking. For more details, please check our Events page.
As a special offer, you can now get 15% off the full price guided tours when booked online using the buttons below!
* TICKETS CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED ONLINE UP TO 12 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED TOUR TIME. IF YOU WISH TO VISIT ON THE DAY PLEASE PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS AT THE TICKET HUT AT HOGHTON TOWER
Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust is a registered charity and relies on the generosity of the general public and visitors to keep Hoghton Tower open for everyone. Whether it be supporting our fundraising events, or taking a guided tour or making a donation, all the money received goes to preserving the house for future generations. Thank you for your support.
Donate to our roof restoration project:
You can also help support us while you shop online! Just use the Hoghton Tower Search engine and any purchase you make from selected retailers will raise money for Hoghton Tower, without costing you a penny! For more information, click here
You can support us in other ways too, like volunteering. Volunteering can be enjoyable and rewarding, especially when it involves the stunning backdrop of a 16th Century Historic House.Our volunteers are an essential part of everything we do, acting as ambassadors for one of the most atmospheric homes in England and playing a vital role in raising the funds which maintain and preserve the Tower for future generations. Interested? Please get in touch!
Following on from Channel 5’s recent historical docu- drama successes Britain’s Bloody Crown and Great British Castles, Henry VIII and His Six Wives will reveal the truth about Henry and his relationships in a way never seen before, from the dual perspectives of the King and each of his six Queens. The programme was filmed at Hoghton Tower amongst other locations. Henry VIII and His Six Wives is the story…
Bringing James 1st of England back to the future! Hoghton Tower’s Project wins Heritage Lottery Fund support Today, the Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust has received a grant of £96,300 from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) for an exciting new project, Project LEAP! The 2 year education and engagement project will be run from Hoghton Tower in Lancashire in partnership with the University of Lancaster’s history department. The project aims to…
Upcoming EventsView All Events
- Motorcycle Sprint Event Lancashire at 10:00AM, Sunday 08 May 2016 £10 per person spectator admission charge. Children free if accompanied by an adult.e
- A Wedding Open Evening at Hoghton Tower at 17:00PM, Friday 13 May 2016 FREE
- May Merchant of Hoghton Farmers’ Market at 10:00AM, Sunday 15 May 2016 £1 per car to the market. Pedestrians 50p
- 1600’s Falconry and Martial Arts! at 11:00AM, Sunday 22 May 2016 Free parking. £5 entry to the gardens with under 5s free.