High on a hill in the heart of Lancashire, Hoghton Tower offers an enchanting and unique destination for every occasion.
Walled gardens and imposing state rooms provide an impressive backdrop for weddings and celebrations, a weekend stay, family days out, corporate away days and cultural and educational experiences.
‘’What do I know of Hoghton Tower?… a house, centuries old, on high ground a mile or so removed from the road.’’
George Silverman’s Explanation by Charles Dickens
From the past to the present, the house has many tales to tell, from the visit of King James I in 1617 to a troupe of Shakespearian actors arriving by bicycle to entertain the crowds. Isn’t it time you paid us a visit?
Opening hours: For our latest opening times see our Take a Tour page.
* Please note that the below online booking is for standard house tours. On special event days our opening times may be different and there may be additional charges for some aspects of the event, entry or car parking. For more details, please check our Events page.
As a special offer, you can now get 15% off the full price guided tours when booked online using the buttons below!
* TICKETS CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED ONLINE UP TO 12 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED TOUR TIME. IF YOU WISH TO VISIT ON THE DAY PLEASE PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS AT THE TICKET HUT AT HOGHTON TOWER
Hoghton Tower needs your Help!
We are currently looking for new volunteers to help with all aspects of our work.
We are currently recruiting Retail Volunteers:
Interested in helping out in our gift shop, meet new people, get involved with product selection, stock management or simply chat to customers about our range of unique gifts, if you can spare sometime to help we are interested in hearing from you!
Our volunteers are an essential part of everything we do, acting as ambassadors for one of the most atmospheric homes in England and playing a vital role in raising the funds which maintain and preserve the Tower for future generations. Volunteering can be enjoyable and rewarding, especially when it involves the stunning backdrop of a 16th Century Historic House.
Interested? Please get in touch! email@example.com
Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust is a registered charity and relies on the generosity of the general public and visitors to keep Hoghton Tower open for everyone. Whether it be supporting our fundraising events, or taking a guided tour or making a donation, all the money received goes to preserving the house for future generations. Thank you for your support.
Exciting news, from Saturday the 26th November, every weekend in the run up to Christmas we will be selling Christmas trees at Hoghton Tower! We will have a range of trees available from 5ft – 8ft priced from £40. So not only can you get a fantastic tree for your house in a stunning location, but all proceeds will be going to the Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust charity to help…
Visitors to Hoghton Tower during October through to Christmas will see work being undertaken on the roof over the ballroom, Kings Hall and Ante-chamber. This work is the final phase of a 4 phase project spanning 2 years to replace old and rotting wood supporting the 450 year old stone roofing tiles. The works has been part funded by Country House Foundation and Garfield Western along with donations from members…
Upcoming EventsView All Events
- Christmas Tours at 10:00AM, Saturday 10 December 2016 GA Admission Adult £10, GA Admission Concession £8
- Hoghton Tower Christmas Craft Fair – The Craftacular! at 10:00AM, Sunday 11 December 2016 £2 per person under 16s FREE!
- A Magical Meeting with Father Christmas at 10:30AM, Sunday 11 December 2016 £5 per child, £2.50 per adult
- Christmas Twilight Tour – A Unique Christmas Event in Lancashire at 18:00PM, Tuesday 13 December 2016 £25 per person