High on a hill in the heart of Lancashire, Hoghton Tower offers an enchanting and unique destination for every occasion.
Walled gardens and imposing state rooms provide an impressive backdrop for weddings and celebrations, a weekend stay, family days out, corporate away days and cultural and educational experiences.
‘’What do I know of Hoghton Tower?… a house, centuries old, on high ground a mile or so removed from the road.’’
George Silverman’s Explanation by Charles Dickens
From the past to the present, the house has many tales to tell, from the visit of King James I in 1617 to a troupe of Shakespearian actors arriving by bicycle to entertain the crowds. Isn’t it time you paid us a visit?
Opening hours: For our latest opening times see our Take a Tour page.
* Please note that the below online booking is for standard house tours. On special event days our opening times may be different and there may be additional charges for some aspects of the event, entry or car parking. For more details, please check our Events page.
As a special offer, you can now get 15% off the full price guided tours when booked online using the buttons below!
* TICKETS CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED ONLINE UP TO 12 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED TOUR TIME. IF YOU WISH TO VISIT ON THE DAY PLEASE PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS AT THE TICKET HUT AT HOGHTON TOWER
Hoghton Tower needs your Help!
We are currently looking for new volunteers to help with all aspects of our work.
We are currently recruiting Retail Volunteers:
Interested in helping out in our gift shop, meet new people, get involved with product selection, stock management or simply chat to customers about our range of unique gifts, if you can spare sometime to help we are interested in hearing from you!
Our volunteers are an essential part of everything we do, acting as ambassadors for one of the most atmospheric homes in England and playing a vital role in raising the funds which maintain and preserve the Tower for future generations. Volunteering can be enjoyable and rewarding, especially when it involves the stunning backdrop of a 16th Century Historic House.
Interested? Please get in touch! email@example.com
Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust is a registered charity and relies on the generosity of the general public and visitors to keep Hoghton Tower open for everyone. Whether it be supporting our fundraising events, or taking a guided tour or making a donation, all the money received goes to preserving the house for future generations. Thank you for your support.
We need your help! Help us choose an item to put to put forward to ‘A History of Lancashire in 70 Objects’ Hoghton Tower is taking part in “A History of Lancashire in 70 Objects”. This project is funded by the HLF and is a partnership between Lancashire Heritage learning, Museum Development North West and Lancashire Life. The Project aims to engage communities across the County Palatine with objects and…
Gift Shop January Sale The Hoghton Tower Gift Shop January Sale is now on with many products with over 50% off. We like to keep our product range fresh so this is your opportunity to pick up some great bargains from the 2016 lines. Discounted ranges include homewares, art work, garden accessories and selected children’s products. The shop will be open on 15th January from 10am – 2pm. www.hoghtontower.co.uk/shop See…
Upcoming EventsView All Events
- Hoghton Tower Wedding Open Evening at 18:00PM, Thursday 26 January 2017 FREE
- Burns Night Supper at 19:00PM, Friday 27 January 2017 £35.00
- Dolls House & Dungeons Tours at 11:00AM, Tuesday 14 February 2017 £5 per person, Under 5's Free
- Half Term Tudor Fun Day at 11:00AM, Wednesday 15 February 2017 £5 per head