PLEASE NOTE THE HOUSE IS NOW CLOSED FOR GENERAL ADMISSION
We are open on selected event days and for Private Tours
Next House open days are November 15th, 28th & 29th and December 13th
Walled gardens and imposing state rooms provide an impressive backdrop for weddings and celebrations, a weekend stay, family days out, corporate away days and cultural and educational experiences.
‘’What do I know of Hoghton Tower?… a house, centuries old, on high ground a mile or so removed from the road.’’
George Silverman’s Explanation by Charles Dickens
From the past to the present, the house has many tales to tell, from the visit of King James I in 1617 to a troupe of Shakespearian actors arriving by bicycle to entertain the crowds. Isn’t it time you paid us a visit?
Opening hours: For our latest opening times see our Take a Tour page.
* Please note that the below online booking is for standard house tours. On special event days our opening times may be different and there may be additional charges for some aspects of the event, entry or car parking. For more details, please check our Events page.
New for July 2015 we re offering a 15% off the full price guided tours when booked online using the buttons below!
* TICKETS CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED ONLINE UP TO 12 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED TOUR TIME. IF YOU WISH TO VISIT ON THE DAY PLEASE PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS AT THE TICKET HUT AT HOGHTON TOWER
Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust is a registered charity and relies on the generosity of the general public and visitors to keep Hoghton Tower open for everyone. Whether it be supporting our fundraising events, or taking a guided tour or making a donation, all the money received goes to preserving the house for future generations. Thank you for your support.
Donate to our roof restoration project:
You can also help support us while you shop online! Just use the Hoghton Tower Search engine and any purchase you make from selected retailers will raise money for Hoghton Tower, without costing you a penny! For more information, click here
You can support us in other ways too, like volunteering. Volunteering can be enjoyable and rewarding, especially when it involves the stunning backdrop of a 16th Century Historic House.Our volunteers are an essential part of everything we do, acting as ambassadors for one of the most atmospheric homes in England and playing a vital role in raising the funds which maintain and preserve the Tower for future generations. Interested? Please get in touch!
Up and down the country, beekeepers are reporting a difficult season. Whilst some isolated beekeepers are reporting some honey harvest, the quantities are significantly lower than last year and in some cases quantities are so low there are worries that hives won’t survive the winter. The bees at Hoghton Tower have not produced a harvest this year. A combination of wet and windy weather at key times of the nectar…
Early Christmas shopping! The gift shop has been filled with new gift ideas in the lead up for the Christmas season. Drop in and take a look. Remember the house and grounds are still open on a limited basis (please check opening times) in October and we have lots of wonderful events coming up.
Upcoming EventsView All Events
- Christmas Twilight Tour – A Unique Christmas Event in Lancashire at 18:00PM, Wednesday 09 December 2015 £ 25
- Christmas Twilight Tour – A Unique Christmas Event in Lancashire at 18:00PM, Thursday 10 December 2015 £25 per person
- Christmas Twilight Tour – A Unique Christmas Event in Lancashire at 18:00PM, Friday 11 December 2015 £25 per person
- Christmas Twilight Tour – A Unique Christmas Event in Lancashire at 18:00PM, Saturday 12 December 2015 £ 25