High on a hill in the heart of Lancashire, Hoghton Tower offers an enchanting and unique destination for every occasion.
Walled gardens and imposing state rooms provide an impressive backdrop for weddings and celebrations, a weekend stay, family days out, corporate away days and cultural and educational experiences.
‘’What do I know of Hoghton Tower?… a house, centuries old, on high ground a mile or so removed from the road.’’
George Silverman’s Explanation by Charles Dickens
From the past to the present, the house has many tales to tell, from the visit of King James I in 1617 to a troupe of Shakespearian actors arriving by bicycle to entertain the crowds. Isn’t it time you paid us a visit?
Opening hours: For our latest opening times see our Take a Tour page.
* Please note that the below online booking is for standard house tours. On special event days our opening times may be different and there may be additional charges for some aspects of the event, entry or car parking. For more details, please check our Events page.
As a special offer, you can now get 15% off the full price guided tours when booked online using the buttons below!
* TICKETS CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED ONLINE UP TO 12 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED TOUR TIME. IF YOU WISH TO VISIT ON THE DAY PLEASE PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS AT THE TICKET HUT AT HOGHTON TOWER
Hoghton Tower needs your Help!
We are currently looking for new volunteers to help with all aspects of our work.
We are currently recruiting Retail Volunteers:
Interested in helping out in our gift shop, meet new people, get involved with product selection, stock management or simply chat to customers about our range of unique gifts, if you can spare sometime to help we are interested in hearing from you!
Our volunteers are an essential part of everything we do, acting as ambassadors for one of the most atmospheric homes in England and playing a vital role in raising the funds which maintain and preserve the Tower for future generations. Volunteering can be enjoyable and rewarding, especially when it involves the stunning backdrop of a 16th Century Historic House.
Interested? Please get in touch! firstname.lastname@example.org
Hoghton Tower Preservation Trust is a registered charity and relies on the generosity of the general public and visitors to keep Hoghton Tower open for everyone. Whether it be supporting our fundraising events, or taking a guided tour or making a donation, all the money received goes to preserving the house for future generations. Thank you for your support.
Visitors to Hoghton Tower during October through to Christmas will see work being undertaken on the roof over the ballroom, Kings Hall and Ante-chamber. This work is the final phase of a 4 phase project spanning 2 years to replace old and rotting wood supporting the 450 year old stone roofing tiles. The works has been part funded by Country House Foundation and Garfield Western along with donations from members…
We thought that seen as Summer has seemingly abandoned us, you might be interested in hearing our plans for Christmas 2016! Early I know, but bookings will start soon and you wouldn’t want to miss what we have going on! As is tradition, we will be running 4 Twilight Tours in December. These tours will be around the ground floor of the house, you will hear from various members of…
Upcoming EventsView All Events
- Crafty Vintage 2016 at 10:00AM, Saturday 22 October 2016 £2 per person under 16s free. House tours separate fees apply
- Crafty Vintage 2016 at 10:00AM, Sunday 23 October 2016 £2 per person. Under 16s Free
- A Ghostly Evening at Hoghton Tower at 19:00PM, Wednesday 26 October 2016 £28.95 plus booking fee
- A Ghostly Evening at Hoghton Tower at 19:00PM, Thursday 27 October 2016 £28.95 plus booking fee