Welcome to Hoghton Tower
From 1st October – 25th October
MONDAY – THURSDAY: Site Open – 11am – 4pm; Tea Room Open – 11am – 4pm
TOURS AT 12.30PM & 2.30PM
SUNDAY: Site Open – 10am – 4pm; Tea Room Open – 10am – 4pm
FIRST TOUR AT 11.30AM, LAST TOUR AT 2.30PM
FRIDAY & SATURDAY – CLOSED
PLEASE NOTE THE HOUSE, GARDENS AND TEA ROOM WILL BE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC FROM THE 26TH OCTOBER – 2ND NOVEMBER
From the 1st November the house will be closed to general admission apart from selected event days. If you wish to book a private tour of the house or grounds after this date, please call 01254 852986. Thank You
Walled gardens and imposing state rooms provide an impressive backdrop for weddings and celebrations, a weekend stay, family days out, corporate away days and cultural and educational experiences.
‘’What do I know of Hoghton Tower?… a house, centuries old, on high ground a mile or so removed from the road.’’
George Silverman’s Explanation by Charles Dickens
From the past to the present, the house has many tales to tell, from the visit of King James I in 1617 to a troupe of Shakespearian actors arriving by bicycle to entertain the crowds. Isn’t it time you paid us a visit?
Opening hours: For our latest opening times see our Take a Tour page.
* Please note that the below online booking is for standard house tours. On special event days our opening times may be different and there may be additional charges for some aspects of the event, entry or car parking. For more details, please check our Events page.
New for July 2015 we re offering a 15% off the full price guided tours when booked online using the buttons below!
* TICKETS CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED ONLINE UP TO 12 HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED TOUR TIME. IF YOU WISH TO VISIT ON THE DAY PLEASE PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS AT THE TICKET HUT AT HOGHTON TOWER
Upcoming EventsView All Events
- October Merchant of Hoghton Farmers’ Market at 10:00AM, Sunday 18 October 2015 £1 per car. Pedestrians 50p. Separate charges for tours
- COOKING WITH MAURIZIO at 10:00AM, Sunday 18 October 2015 £60 per person per session
- A Ghostly Evening at Hoghton Tower at 19:00PM, Friday 30 October 2015 £28.95 plus booking fee
Early Christmas shopping! The gift shop has been filled with new gift ideas in the lead up for the Christmas season. Drop in and take a look. Remember the house and grounds are still open on a limited basis (please check opening times) in October and we have lots of wonderful events coming up.
Anyone can become a guide at Hoghton Tower. All you need is a love of history. Read the story of one of our guides below: My name is Gabriela Sharp and I have been volunteering at Hoghton Tower since I was 14. I am now 17 and I love every minute that I get to spend at this beautiful place. I started volunteering here for the volunteering section of my…